Singapore Branch Office Registration Package #SGBO5
Branch Registration plus Nominee Local Agent
plus Registered Office plus Bank Account
Package #SGBO5 is suitable for foreign companies that wish to register a branch office in Singapore but donít plan to relocate any of their key executives to Singapore at present. Therefore this package includes the services of two nominee local agents to satisfy the statutory requirement for the purpose of registration of branch office in Singapore.
1. Singapore Branch Registration Package #SGBO5 - Scope of Services and Fees
(1) Branch Office Registration
?Preparation of necessary documents
?Registration with Registrar of Companies
?Bank account opening assistance
?Electronic Certificate of Registration
?Branch office profile extract from Registar of Companies
?Minutes of first board meeting
?Branch office rubber stamp
?Government and our professional fee
(2) Provision of one Nominee Local Agents
We will provide one local Singapore residents to meet the requirements of registration of your branch office in Singapore. The term of service is for one year and can be renewed before expiration.
(3) Provision of one Nominee Local Agents
We will provide one additional local Singapore residents for a period of two month to facilitate registration of your branch office in Singapore as at least two local agents are required for the purpose of registration of a branch office. Once your Employment Pass is approved, we will then appoint you to be the local agent and resign our temporary nominee local agent.
(4) Registered Office/Address
We will provide a local Singapore street address for the purpose of registering your Singapore branch office. Fees for registered office is charged and collected on a yearly basis.
(5) Employment Pass Application
Immediately after the completion of registration of your branch office, we will submit the documents for the application of Employment Pass for the person to be seconded to and stationed in Singapore.
(6) Singapore Bank Account
Kaizen will provide assistance to open corporate bank account with a leading international bank in Singapore, including preparation of certified incorporation documents as required by the bank, visiting the bank with client, forwarding Internet banking password and security device to client. Please note the bank requires at least a director or shareholder visit their branch personally for the purpose of due diligence.
Total: (1) + (2) + (3) + (4) + (5) + (6) = USD4,200
Notes: For the provision of our nominee local agent service, we will also collect a USD1,500 refundable security deposit. The security deposit will be fully refunded when you no longer need our nominee agent service.
2. Time of Billing and Payment Methods
Upon receipt of your order, we will issue and send an invoice together with the transfer instructions to you for your settlement. We require full payment in advance.
We accept cash, SGD check, TT and credit card through Paypal. Please click here for payment methods. An extra handling fee of 5% will be charged if paid by Paypal.
3. Singapore Branch Registration Procedures
The process and the steps for this package are as follows:
(1) Place Your Order for the Branch Office Registration
Once you have come up with the decision to register your branch office in Singapore and confirm your intention with Kaizen, we will email our registration order form for your completion. At the same time, you should prepare the documents listed in Section 4.
(2) Provide Branch Office Registration Details
Upon receipt of your order, we will email you a form for providing us with the necessary branch office registration details. You will need to complete this form and send it to us so we can prepare the registration documents accordingly.
(3) Make Payment
Upon receipt of the completed form, we will send you an invoice for our services. In order for us to commence our services, you will need to make payment as per the invoice sent to you. We accept bank transfer, local cheque, cash, or credit card.
(4) Prepare Branch Office Registration Documents
Upon receipt of the payment, we will prepare the necessary registration documents and email them to you for signing. If you are in Singapore, you can visit our office and sign the documents.
(5) Register Branch Office
Upon receipt of the signed registration and supporting documents from you, we will proceed to branch office registration with Registry of Companies i.e. Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA).
(6) Open Bank Account
Once the branch office has been registered with ACRA, we will assist you with opening of a corporate bank account for the new branch office with a bank of your choice in Singapore.
4. Singapore Branch Office Registration Time Frame
The actual registration of a branch office in Singapore can be accomplished in a matter of few hours as the whole process is computerized. However, the overall process can take anywhere from one day to few days depending on the following factors:
(1) Name reservation
Before a branch office can be registered, its proposed name has to be reserved first. Assuming there are no objections to the name being proposed, the name reservation process can be accomplished in less than an hour. However, if the name conflicts with an existing name or if the proposed name contains some sensitive words that may require a review by relevant authorities, the name approval process can get delayed to few days or weeks.
(2) Signing of registration documents
If you are in Singapore, this is a quick and easy process. However if you are located overseas, the logistics involved in signing and returning the signed documents can take few days.
5. Materials Required for Registration of Singapore Branch Office and Employment Pass Application
Client needs to provide the following documents and information to Kaizen by email or fax or post for purpose of registration of branch office and application for Employment Pass:
(1) A certified copy of the foreign companyís Certificate of Incorporation
(2) A certified copy of Memorandum and Articles (MAA) or bylaws or document of a similar nature, if any, of the foreign company
(3) A copy of Register of Members and Register of Directors or official documents listing the particulars of the shareholders and directors of the foreign company;
(4) The Memorandum of Appointment or Power of Attorney and details of at least two persons residing in Singapore and acting as the agents of the Singapore branch office.
(5) Basic background information of the branch office, such as the principal business activities, the products to be traded or services to be provided, the location of suppliers and customers, the expected turnover of the first year etc.
(6) Business proof such as service contract, sales and purchase contract or brochure or any other documents of similar nature.
(7) A budget estimating the first year turnover, costs, number of employees etc.
(8) Academic certificates and professional qualification certificates of the applicant.
(9) A copy of the latest audited financial statements of the foreign company, if any.
6. Important Notes
The MoM will take into consideration many factors when considering whether to approve an Employment Pass application. Kaizen cannot guarantee the application will be successful and does not assume any responsibility should such an application being rejected by MoM.
- Hong Kong company registration, book-keeping, auditing and tax filings
- China company registration, book-keeping and tax filings
- Singapore company registration, book-keeping and tax filings
- Corporate and individual income tax planning
- Offshore company registration and maintenance
- Trademark registration
Click here to download this quotation in PDF.